Sunday, June 29, 2008

Day Five: Setup and Sighted In.

The first time I draw your my during a practice I'm always struck by how out of control it feels. Almost as if the bow is shooting you instead of you shooting the bow. This, from my experience, is almost always true for the first few shots. It seems that it takes awhile for your brain to readjust and finally take control. It can still be daunting, however, to know that even after thousands and thousands of hours of practice you still are no where close to mastering even a part of this sport. Its complexities and beauty will never cease to surprise you.
This particular morning I was having a lot of trouble with my release and follow through... for some reason it felt really rough and forced, def not the fluid and smooth action it should be. I have a feeling that I wasn't setting up my shots right, not allowing my back to move as it should, and that this was throwing a wrench into my release. The rest of my body felt pretty good, both front shoulders stayed down and in place, while my draw was a tad shaky.
I really need to get some new arrows though, the ones I have right now are getting a tad banged up from so much use. A new batch is def going to have to be a top priority.
I would write to more tonight but I'm really exhausted and I think sleep would better serve me right now.
As an afterthought, I'm really really excited to watch the Olympic swimming trials tomorrow. This is probably the best team we have ever fielded and I can guarantee that quite a few records are going to fall. Night everyone!

No comments: