Monday, June 30, 2008

Day Six: Never Ending

It constantly amazes me how little respect this sport gets. Archery is, in my opinion, one of the most overlooked and least understood sports in the Olympics today. Sure, ask anyone on the street what they think of it and you ll get plenty of positive responses, but most of that is still out of pure ignorance. Archery is, to most people, a quaint throwback to the medieval period. You know...Robinhood stuff. Nobody except its shooters can fully grasp its complexity, its beauty and its elusiveness. That's probably why Archery is usually seen at around three AM during the games... its just not a spectator sport... its a participators one. There is honestly nothing like the feeling of your body sliding into perfect place as you draw and release the perfect shot...and then watch as your arrow streams 90m through the air arrow to land dead center in the target. You cant film stuff like that...you have to feel it.
I had a bunch I needed to do today... so much so that I was forced to take today as my one day for the week. I hate taking days off because of necessity, it doesn't feel quite as good. I could use the break though... these heavy practice sessions are starting to really wear on me since I'm still not use to them. haha I know I know... that sounds really wimpy but who cares, its true. So instead of shooting Ill use today to finish some much needed work and try to get a bunch of crap taken care of. I still need to take care of some financial aid paperwork for the upcoming semester as well as shop for my grandmothers birthday... and alot more I don't feel like thinking bout. haha
Anyways, have a great day everyone and Ill talk to you all tomorrow!
Btw...anybody catch Michael Phelps amazing race yesterday? Perfection!

No comments: